If you haven't received a reminder email from me about the Sequintastic September blog hop, don't worry -- I didn't put the email list together this week because I was feeling a wee bit under the weather. But I'm much better now, so expect that email very soon.
And now... Sequinspiration!
The first three links were brought to my attention by Maneki, who's being a super awesome Sequintastic participant and finding lots of cool things for me to drool over.
- She wrote a great post about sequin waste, or punchinella -- the material that's left over once sequins are made.
- She shared one of Karen Torrisi's tambour pieces on Pinterest, which led me to Karen's website. Check out the gallery section!
- In the comments of the first Sequinspiration post, she introduced me to the work of Gail Crosman Moore, who uses sequins in some of her gorgeous felted jewelry.
- Because no post on sequins would be complete without some eye candy, here's another sequin collar I made:
Just like the Fall collar, it has a ribbon that I can switch out for any color. What I like most about this one (besides the sparkle) is the netting! It takes the piece from simple to dramatic.
- And because no post on sequins would be complete without more eye candy, here's a little something I whipped up this week:
- This post by Pearl of the Beading Gem's Journal is a collection of soutache tutorials. If you look at the very first image, you'll see that sequins and soutache go together beautifully!
- And did you know that she was kind enough to make me a featured designer?
- I've collected a few new pins on the Sequintastic Pinterest board. Including a sequin seahorse!
- Have you seen what Mary Ellen, my partner for the Bead Soup Blog Party, made with the beads and sequins I sent? I'm so impressed!
- And finally... here's the Norbert Necklace again because everyone loves Norbert!
If you've found any sequinspiration, I'd love to hear from you!
Thanks for reading, thanks for commenting, and have a sequintastic day!